SKF Fork Seal Kits
SKF seal kits for motorcycle forks consist of an oil seal and a wiper seal developed to achieve superior sealing performance without stiction.
As a result of SKF’s extensive experience in the design and material development of seals for suspension systems, SKF has developed a new self-lubricating compound. The design and performance characteristics of the seals made from this compound enable them to keep oil in and contaminants out of the fork, while virtually eliminating stiction and improving performance by reducing friction.
The oil and wiper seals, which are made from a new self-lubricating compound, have been specially designed to provide the following benefits:
Note: Each SKF seal kit includes 1 oil seal + 1 dust seal. To rebuild both forks you need to order 2 seal kits.Search your Motorcycle by Bike,type,displacement on our site for proper fitment.
* Superior sealing performance
* Self-lubricating compound
* Reduces friction by 20% over standard seals
* Increased seal life
* Compatible with a wide range of (OEM) oils
* Improved performance
* Withstands extreme conditions
* Maintain low and consistent friction
* Reduced wear and air suction
* Reduces friction by virtually eliminating stick-slip - 20% over standard seals
* Increased seal life - bench tested over 1 million cycles and 50 motocross hours with no maintenance required.
* Compatible with a wide range of original equipment and after market oils
* Design minimize contamination reaching the oil seal
* Seal materiel made of NBR elastomer with lower friction characteristics
* Oil seal lip geometry designed specific to fit individual fork seals
SKF Fork Seals
SKF, the leading global supplier of seals for automotive and motorcycle applications, has launched a new series of seals for motorcycle forks. Their extensive experience in the area of shock absorber seals has lead to a new seal that will enhance the enjoyment of your ride.
Even though operating pressures and temperatures in motorcycles are moderate when compared to a car or truck, there are some specific factors to be considered. Motorcycle forks are the most demanding applications due to a long stroke, high speed and operating conditions. In addition, there are special dust protection requirements due to the exposed position of the fork and the absence of protective bellows.
In these applications the rider is in direct contact with the front suspension via the handlebars. Therefore, the smoothness of fork movement is vital, as it has a considerable impact on steering behavior.